Simple. Soooo simple. A little messy, but simple.
- Rolling Pin
- 1 medium Avocado ripe
- 1½ cup All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Granulated garlic
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Cilantro or parsley chopped, optional
Get your work-station set up
- You'll need some counter-space for the cutting board. Leave the rolling pin and your knife nearby. You'll also want a clean and dry hand towel on a plate to keep them warm and soft.
- Put the avocado in a large bowl and mash it up with a fork.
- Add ¾ of a cup of flour and mix together with your hands. It will take a few minutes to combine, but if it doesn't form a dough and is really sticky, you'll need to add a bit more flour.
- Once you've formed a dough-ball, you can whip out your cutting board, rolling pin, and a knife.
- Hand-roll the dough into a log and cut it into 4 or 8 pieces. This will yield 4 large, or 8 small flatbreads, respectively.
- Turn each cut-up piece into a disk-shape, and lightly dust with flour and set them aside.
- Put a frying pan on the stove at med-high heat – no oil.
- Dust your cutting board with flour and roll out the small dough balls one at a time. Place it on the hot pan and leave it there until you see bubbles appear. Flip, and do the same on the other side (max. 2-mins per side, possibly less depending on your stove and pan).
- Place the finished flatbreads in between the towel, on the plate you've set up. Cover them until you're ready to eat. Serve with fresh, homemade salsa, refried black beans, and vegan sour cream, and enjoy!
This recipe was inspired by Cook With Kushi
Calories: 252kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 6gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 296mgPotassium: 294mgFiber: 5gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 141IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 13mgIron: 2mg