Pão De Quiejo – Brazillian Cheese Bread
This Brazillian vegan cheese bread will blow your mind… and they're gluten-free, too!
- Mini muffin pan
- *1 tbsp Flax meal or other vegan egg
- 1 cup Tapioca flour/starch
- ½ cup Potato starch not potato flour
- 1 tsp Salt optional
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- **½ cup Vegan mozzarella packed
- ⅔ cup Cashew milk unsweetened original
- ⅓ cup Oil (I like olive or avocado)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Start by making your flax egg in a small bowl and set aside (see notes below).
- In your blender, pulse together the tapioca flour, potato starch, salt, and baking powder.
- Blitz in the vegan cheese, followed by the flax egg, oil, and cashew milk. Blend on high (30-seconds).
- Pour or spoon the batter into the mini muffin tin approx ¾ full.* If any muffin receptacles are empty, add 1 tsp of water into each (this will keep the paã de quiejo from drying out).
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. They should appear puffy and lightly browned, and firm to the touch. Cool for 5-minutes, then enjoy!
- *Flax egg 1 tbsp flax meal : 3 tbsp water
- **I use Daiya brand mozzarella shreds, though there are lots of other brands out there. You could also make this recipe with homemade vegan mozzarella.