- First, you’ll need to soak your chickpeas overnight, then boil them for 30-45 minutes. You can add some kombu to the boiling water to help make them more digestible. Drain and rinse chickpeas and put aside.
- In a fry pan on med-high, heat the olive or avocado oil and add the minced garlic and grated ginger. Sauté for a couple until the garlic is extremely fragrant (2-3 mins).
- While the garlic is cooking, mix the arrowroot/tapioca starch with 2 tablespoons of veggie broth/water in a small bowl. Mix until smooth – no clumps – then set aside.
- To the pan with garlic, add the coconut aminos (tamari or soy-sauce for a bit saltier taste), toasted sesame-oil, maple syrup, ACV, and the extra 2 Tbsp of veggie broth. Whisk together.
- Add in the arrowroot mixture and stir. When bubbles begin to form, add the chickpeas & stir till they are nicely coated.
- Cook on low-heat till the sauce becomes thick and sticky, for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and let sit to allow the chickpeas to absorb all the flavours.
Serve and enjoy with steamed rice, quinoa or broccoli.
- Prep Time:10 mins
- Cook Time:5 mins
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Sesame, Chickpeas, Vegetabowls, Side, Protein